Podiatry is a branch of health care involving the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of foot, ankle and lower leg conditions. A Podiatrist is a health professional who deals with the prevention, diagnosis, management and rehabilitation of any pathology involving the foot and lower extremity.
Podiatrists play an important role in management of the following conditions:
– Bone and joint disorders such as arthritis
– Complications associated with skin and nail disorders
– Maintaining the mobility of many elderly and disabled people
– Biomechanics and Sports Podiatry
– Common, chronic and acute problems of children’s feet